The forms below are available to download and print out for home use to be mailed to us. A mailing address is included with each form. You MUST fill out the form completely for it to be considered for an Honor Flight. Incomplete forms will be returned to you for completion.
The trip includes a personal guardian, airfare, ground transportation, tours, meals, hotel accommodations and more!
In accordance to Honor Flight regulations, WWII VETERANS supersede all other applicants. However, we have great intentions to serve all veterans who apply for a Lake County Honor Flight trip.
Apply for a Lake County Honor Flight Trip today! We are looking forward to our chance to SERVE YOU.
Guardians play a significant role on every trip, ensuring that every veteran has a safe and memorable experience. Guardians are responsible for their own trip expenses, in the form of a donation to Lake County Honor Flight.
• Guardians must be no older than 75 and must be in good physical condition. A typical (2 or 3 day) trip is 18+ hours per day and guardians will often walk 5+ miles during each day. All guardians will push a wheelchair for several hours and may be asked to load and unload wheel chairs from the bus. Duties include but are not limited to, physically assisting veterans at the airport, during the flight, and during the monument tours. This may include assisting a Veteran in the restroom.
• Guardians should be prepared to attend a mandatory Orientation/Training prior to the actual flight date (approximately 4-5 weeks before the trip).
• Guardians must have an email account and must use it regularly.
• Guardians are expected to pay their way by making a Guardian "donation". Do Not pay on-line or include payment when you submit your application. In order to recruit and facilitate as many Guardian applicants as possible, Lake County Honor Flight has negotiated a fair and reasonable trip package donation, which covers ground transportation, airfare, hotel accommodations, tours, T-Shirt/Polo, and meals.
This payment can eventually be made by check or on-line.
• If you pay by check, please make the check payable to “Lake County Honor Flight" with "LCHF- Guardian" in the memo section. The word "Guardian" is important.
• If you pay on-line, please go to “Ways to Help” and select "Guardian Donation".
Guardians will be asked to donate after they have been selected for a particular flight or when contacted by Lake County Honor Flight. Guardians must understand that although they are paying their own way, they have done so for the privilege of escorting a WWII, Korean War, or Vietnam War hero for this trip and are NOT there as tourists or sightseers. Their job is the safety and well-being of their Veteran and making sure their Veterans are where they need to be, when they need to be, and help meet their Veteran's personal needs throughout the day.
Unfortunately, the National Honor Flight Network guidelines, which we are required to follow, state that non-veteran spouses are unable to serve as a guardian (except in a rare medical necessity).
When Will I fly? We have a list of potential guardians and everything is done on a first come, first served basis. We try to communicate that when we receive an application but with an all volunteer staff, communications are not always perfect.
Without Guardians, Honor Flight could not be possible. Thank you for your commitment to “serve those who have served us.”